Skip to content

Site Operative

Please Note: The application deadline for this job has now passed.

Job Introduction

An opportunity has arisen to join the team at Landmarc Support Services at our Barry Buddon Training Camp. As the Site Operative Cleaner you will be responsible for carrying out maintenance and cleaning on the estate, you will be part of small but dedicated team that takes enormous pride in what they do.

The role is a 5 in 7 working pattern, meaning you will be required to work flexibly and at weekends. The start to finish bandwidth is between 06:00 – 18:00.

Main Responsibility

You will be responsible for the camp general maintenance, house keeping, preventative maintenance, grounds maintenance, soft FM, stock management, waste services and sustainability tasks.

75% of the job will be cleaning and the other 25% will be basic maintenance on the camp

Liaise with all stakeholders to ensure effective site delivery e.g. handover/ take back of facilities with service users

Complete all relevant documentation utilising both IT and paper based systems.

Carry out any other additional requirements as needed

The Ideal Candidate

Health and Safety such as COSHH, manual handling, risk assessments and safe systems of work

An understanding of stock control and systems

Great communication with customers

Full UK Driving Licence

Work in a diverse multi tasking mobile team environment

Basic laboring, caretaking and housekeeping skills

Ability to complete documentation

Basic IT skills

Willing or to be vaccinated against work place risks; keep tetanus and polio vaccinations up to date, and participate in company instigated vaccination programmes where there is a recognised health risk in your role e.g. Hepatitis A and B

Package Description

Landmarc will provide you with a competitive salary; in addition to this, we also offer the following main benefits, amongst many others:


Landmarc offers all employees an opportunity to join our company stakeholder pension scheme, whereby the company will contribute up to 8% of the employee’s salary.


Employees are entitled to 25 days’ pro rata during each year of employment plus public holidays. Three extra discretionary days added to our annual leave allowances at Christmas.

Annual leave allowance will increase in recognition of your continued service.

Holiday purchase – purchase up to 10 more days’ holiday to use throughout the year.

Other benefits

Edenred – employee savings scheme

Annual salary review, in consultation with the recognised Trade Unions

Life assurance insured for three times your annual salary, to help the loved ones.

Reimbursement of professional fees and on-going training

Family friendly policy

Sick pay

About the Company

Landmarc provides the support services that enable Armed Forces from around the world to prepare for frontline military operations across the UK Defence Training Estate (DTE). This includes maintaining and delivering safe and sustainable infrastructure, managing and operating training areas and ranges and delivering multi-million pound projects to improve vital training assets.

By joining Landmarc you will be supporting our vision to provide the best training experience we can for our Armed Forces. We are the first and only Special Purpose Vehicle to be contracted by the Ministry of Defence (MOD) as their Industry Partner on the UK Defence Training Estate and the only company that is solely dedicated to the UK DTE, delivering essential support services since 2003.

This website is using cookies to improve your browsing experience and to enable social media functionality. By clicking “Turn cookies on”, you agree to such purposes. Read more about cookies.