We are now looking to recruit an Area Delivery Manager to effectively and efficiently oversee delivery of operations across the contract based at Cameron Barracks in Inverness and covers sites across the North of Scotland to include, Fort George, Tain, Cape Wrath, Barry Buddon, Norwegian Lodge and Balmacara House. This is a high profile role which will be at the forefront of customer service and service delivery and as such requires excellent communication skills and the ability to work collaboratively.
As the Area Delivery Manager you will be a natural and convincing leader who will need to be commercially astute as well as having a thorough understanding of the operational aspects of the role. The role requires someone with hard and soft facilities management experience overseeing complex, multi-site operations in a high pressure environment.
This is a prestigious appointment, and the Area Delivery Manger will oversee some amazing and unique landscapes, from live firing areas and military training ranges across the rugged landscapes. The landscapes are incredibly important and sensitive natural, archaeological and ecological environment that needs to be diligently considered alongside the delivery of training, maintenance and construction activity.
As Area Delivery Manager you will collaborate with and directly support a team of DIO client staff who are ‘Head of Establishment’ and who have overall responsibility for the safety of military and public personnel who use and train on the Estate. You will have three direct reports, who have direct management of a large, multi-skilled team.
- To be the leader and manager of an area operations team. To inspire people and to foster a culture of continuous improvement, positive physical & mental health, safety and wellbeing.
- Attend site and management meetings in regional and across national offices
- To build and develop exceptional customer relationships. Implement Collaborative Leadership across the defined area using modern Collaborative techniques.
- To be accountable and to ensure all contractual statutory, mandatory and reactive maintenance requirements are met within KPI limits.
- To be a stakeholder in the delivery of construction projects. Your team will be responsible for managing and maintaining these (e.g. refurbishments/upgrades of ranges and facilities, to new training facilities or conservation projects).
- To lead and be accountable for all deliverables within the defined area, to ensure compliance with the contract service modules e.g. managing change projects, responsible for budgeting and profit and loss, ensuring the delivery of added value services, implementation of the Operating Plan, stakeholder management, providing advice and guidance and conducting audits.
- To ensure compliance with the contractual requirements across a defined geographic area to include:
- Ensuring resources/priorities are planned and prioritised to meet allocations and that reactive requirements are met within agreed parameters.
- Direct management of the provision of ranges and training areas including, but not limited to, rural estate management, Rural Estate Task Schedule (RETS) and Grounds Maintenance Plan (GMP).
- Direct management of the provision of facilities management including, but not limited to, accommodation, waste management, stores, fuels and soft FM
- Indirect management of planned preventative maintenance inspections from the Establishment Specific Task Schedule (ESTS) and reactive maintenance tasks within the area of responsibility.
- To liaise with all stakeholders to ensure effective contract delivery, including:
- the Clients representatives regarding delivery, safety and usage,
- statutory bodies for compliance and support
- contract/sub-contract management and supervision
- wider training estate users including the general public
- Deputise for the Regional Operations Manager or any other regional management post as required.
- To complete all relevant documentation utilising both IT and paper based systems.
- To be a responsible member of the regional management team supporting other team members as required carrying out activities including, but not limited to, investigations, auditing, training, creating reports and analysing management information.
The Ideal Candidate
What you can do:
Manage operational performance in accordance with service level agreements
Manage relationships with customers to achieve high levels of customer satisfaction
Attend monthly meetings with the regional team
Manage the service delivery to ensure that KPI’s are met
Manage a team of direct reports
What we are looking for:
A compelling and effective Leader who can take responsibility, manage with intent and coach, inspire and motivate a team.
Educated to a Degree level in Facilities Management or demonstrate such a level of equivalent qualifications and experience
Professional membership of relevant professional association e.g. IWFM is desirable
Knowledge of the management and provision of Hard and Soft FM Services for a multi-site operation
Knowledge of Health and safety such as COSHH, manual handling, risk assessments, CDM and safe systems of work to IOSH Managing Safely level.
Experience of developing and executing service delivery plans, policies and procedures
Excellent planning and organisation skills
Excellent customer service skills
Ability to manage priorities in a rapidly changing environment
Landmarc will provide you with a competitive salary; in addition to this, we also offer the following main benefits, amongst many others:
Landmarc offers all employees an opportunity to join our company stakeholder pension scheme, whereby the company will contribute up to 8% of the employee’s salary.
Employees are entitled to 25 days’ pro rata during each year of employment plus public holidays. Three extra discretionary days added to our annual leave allowances at Christmas.
Annual leave allowance will increase in recognition of your continued service.
Holiday purchase – purchase up to 10 more days’ holiday to use throughout the year.
Edenred – employee savings scheme
Annual salary review, in consultation with the recognised Trade Unions
Life assurance insured for three times your annual salary, to help the loved ones
Reimbursement of professional fees and on-going training
Health Cash Plan – All employees can join. You can also add up to four children under the age of 24 to your policy
Family friendly policy
Sick pay - After 6 months of service
* Application updates may be sent to you via email, please ensure you check your emails regularly. Please note some emails may arrive in your junk mail folder
About the Company
Landmarc provides the support services that enable Armed Forces from around the world to prepare for frontline military operations across the UK Defence Training Estate (DTE). This includes maintaining and delivering safe and sustainable infrastructure, managing and operating training areas and ranges and delivering multi-million pound projects to improve vital training assets.
By joining Landmarc you will be supporting our vision to provide the best training experience we can for our Armed Forces. We are the first and only Special Purpose Vehicle to be contracted by the Ministry of Defence (MOD) as their Industry Partner on the UK Defence Training Estate and the only company that is solely dedicated to the UK DTE, delivering essential support services since 2003.